Pages

December 14, 2010

Wardrobe Fun






We did some switching around.  This wardrobe was in Erik's room, I swapped it for a dresser so I could stand up to change diapers instead of sitting on the floor.  When I find a big boy bed for Erik I would not mind finding another one of these wardrobes and doing something similar for him.

I'm sure that like my house many houses with toddlers have had their walls fall victim to a creative mind.  If we owned our house, or knew we would be living in one for more than a couple of years, I would paint a whole wall with black board paint, or a good portion of the wall, even the appliances ( well maybe not the appliances, truth be told I have a hard time with even magnets and art on paper on my refrigerator).

Back to the project, this is a pine wardrobe.  We bought it about a year ago, maybe longer, maybe more like a year and a half ago.  It was unfinished and just calling for something to be done with it.  This last week it happened.  The insets of the doors are painted with magnetic blackboard paint, I haven't tested the magnetic part yet but as a blackboard it works great.  Now my little artist can draw to her hearts content, on a piece of furniture.  I painted the drawers and trim of the doors in just a light wash of pink, her favorite color.  I would like to paint the wardrobe itself but I have just way to much going on right now to do that, I'm also going to do something with the door handles and drawer pulls, as I type this I'm thinking decoupage as one pull is glued in place and not coming off.

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. This is really a cute idea! Love the chalkboard and hope the magnetic part works for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a wardrobe. I have an old metal wardrobe that could use this treatment for craft storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could write your project to-do lists on this! and supply lists...

    if you have a moment, please link this up to creative juice thursdays!

    nicolette @
    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete