Pages

August 17, 2011

Story of a Headboard Part 2

Back in January I posted about my headboard dilemma.  I had settled that I would do a covered headboard and mount it on the wall.  The question then became how tall did I want it to be and how was I going to get a 4x8 sheet of plywood or MDF home.

While I was debating these choices in my head I started browsing Ebay for night stands.  I found some in a French Louis style that I remember being in catalogs as a child.  I have always loved this style so I put a bid on two of them.  I only won one, I'm still looking for a second.  I found that the headboards that match the set could be made to work with my large American king sized bed so I started watching auctions for headboards.  And eventually I won this:
Not gorgeous but nothing a little paint can't change
This is with the black paint put on it.
I want to do a monogram in the crest part.
I accented the mouldings with silver paint.
All painted.
We put heavy duty picture hangers on the back then hung it on screws.

I'm still thinking about the monogram.  I'm also checking out art work for above the head board.  The night stand STILL needs to be painted.  I'm also still stalking watching auctions on e-bay to collect a whole bedroom set, though how I would fit all the pieces into this bed room I'm not sure. 

Bedding is now my next big challenge.  Everything I have looked at and truly liked so far is white, or more white than a house with two small children, two small dogs, and a cat with a perpetually bleeding due claw should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment